I have a love for all things vintage, retro and antique. I spend my weekends trawling through car boot sales, table top sales and junk shops. I have a passion for old books, maps and anything musical.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Mine Magazine edited by Stephen King-Hall

"A magazine for all who are young..."

I stumbled across three of these curious little magazines in a table top sale a couple of weeks back. There is little mention of them on the web but there is quite a bit about Stephen King-Hall...

His true title was Sir William Stephen Richard King-Hall, Baron King-Hall of Headley. He was a British playwright, politician and journalist. His articles were featured in many popular magazines and newspapers. His first true success was Mine magazine as chief editor. In his latter years he wrote books on nuclear defence etc. which was quite the career change!

There are some marvellous editorials and fantastic picture plates. Quite a joy to have in my collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment