I have a love for all things vintage, retro and antique. I spend my weekends trawling through car boot sales, table top sales and junk shops. I have a passion for old books, maps and anything musical.

Monday 14 March 2011

Smith Premier Chum Portable Typewriter...

Typewriters... I just can't resist them! I now have three typewriters, this been one of my favourites. For those of you who don't know anything about typewriters, here's a little lesson...

The Smith Premier Typewriter Company was founded in 1896 by the Smith brothers. The important thing to know about Smith Premier is that they were the first typewriter to have uppercase and lowercase. They can be found in plenty however the 'chum' portable is a bit rarer! The chum portable was a British variation of the Remington Portable no. 3 made between 1929 and 1932.
I suppose I bought it because it has a slightly different name!

Thanks for reading! I will be posting my other typewriters in the coming weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment